Common Plenty of Fish Advertising Questions
How does CPM affect my campaign?
Your CPM will have an effect on your CTR because we serve ads based on CPM price. The highest bids get their ads shown to the user first, followed by the next highest and so forth. So if your bid is too low, then the impressions you receive will be from people who have already seen 20 ads (thus the likelihood of clicking and converting are low)
Why am I not getting traffic?
Low cpm bids. Your CPM will have an affect on your traffic volume because the highest bids get their ad quota fillled first, followed by the next highest and so forth. So if your bid is too low, you might not get the priority to start getting a lot of traffic to your site & hitting your daily maximum spend. Other scenerios could be that the targeting is too tight or the start date has been set into the future.
Can I fund my account with anything besides a credit card?
- Paypal (Minimum $1000 deposit)
- Wire (Minimum $5000 deposit & PoF will pay for the wire fees)
- If you're interested in paying either way, contact Benjamin Louie over at Plenty Of Fish and he can forward you the details. The guy is a legend, OG, true man, player and most of all - he is there to help you make money.
How much does it cost to advertise on POF? What ad sizes do you offer?
- 110x80's are available with our minimum $25 deposit
- The 300x250's, 160x600's and 728x90's are available with a minimum $1000 deposit.
- The 300x250 ads display on user profiles, the160x600 on user messages, and the 110x80 & 728x90 display on all other popular pages (inbox, sent messages, who viewed me, etc...). The 728x90's will only show when the CPM is higher than the 3 combined 110x80's.
Can I run rebills?
Yes, if the disclaimer is actually on the FIRST page. A link will not suffice. Disclaimer must say the exact $ amount for what they'll be rebilled + shipping charges.
How long does it take for ads to get approved?
The POF ad approval team is in office between 9am-5pm PST and ads always get looked at before end of day.
What does the "call to action" decline reason mean?
Your ad text requires a call to action that suggests to our users they are leaving our site (sign up, register). Please note "click here" does not suffice because it does not carry the same indication.
Guidelines for female creatives:
To sum it up: if someone were to view POF at work, nothing on the ad or lander should get them in trouble. Below are specifics:
- Breasts must be smaller than her head (LOL!) & natural looking.
- No lingerie, bra/panties, corsets.
- No buttocks shots where the focal point is the buttocks.
- No suggestive poses (on poles, beds etc).
- Swimsuits are OK outdoors, not indoors.
Features every affiliate should be using
- Dynamic tags
- Cross tab reports (click report)
- Conversion Tracking (very important for optimization!)
- The conversion report basically tells you the best performing demographic & worst performing demographic, neatly laid out so they can start cutting off poor performing demographics. If you want to be successful, you need to be utilizing this and analyzing it. There is also an image / headline / ad text report available for advertisers that have a lot of creatives running.